How to use Instagram for your business and integrate with your main website
So many business owners that met lately are getting on Instagram - the problem is they do know what to do with it! Instagram is a great tool and get be used to help toy with your overall online strategy and help your business.
So what is Instagram?
Instagram is an online photo sharing, video sharing and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, apply digital filters to them, and share them on a variety of social networking services,
(source - Wikipidia)
And how can you use it for your business?
It is obvious how a photography business can use Instagram, here are some other ideas:
- Foodie / Café: upload photos of your products or menu items to inspire followers. If a café add some images to showcase the vibe of the place
- Retail Products: various product images to promote new products as they arrive.
- Salon: Photos of hair styles, before and afters, special events make up…
- Builder – photos of work in progress, elements of work and finished product
- Service provider: If you are the ‘face’ of your business you can use Instegram to help your followers to know you better.
For example a picture of the coffee you are having with a client.
- Tourism / hotel: photos of tours,promotion of the area the hotel is in
Instagram is very easy to use and does not require computer. You take photos from your smart phone and upload to your account.
Use of # on Instagram helps promote a trend so your post will appear if this trend is searched for. You can join and existing trend (for example #loveShoes) or you can start your own. Many businesses promote their own # and encourage customers to use them when they upload photos to do with their business. some good help tips can be found
How to integrate with your main website?
1. Add a link to your Instagram page so visitors can follow you
2. Embed a feed of latest Instagram photos on your website so visitors can see what you do on Instagram directly from your site
3. Tag your site if possible and link back from your Instagram page to your main site.